Wednesday, September 29, 2010

To fly or not to fly

After high school graduation I felt obliged to move away as far as possible to experience life in the real world also known as my-life-my-rules-my-provocative world. So I got on a plane and moved 1200 miles away to Provo. Little did I know that I'd be back to Houston three times that year and a few side road trips to fill a void that seemed to have been created when I left home. Since then I have made several trips by land, by sea, and air. So I think it's safe to say I am what the airport calls an "expert flyer". By now I should have frequent flyer miles but I can't commit to a particular airline. 

The Miami international airport was full of rude, rushing joggers because they were late getting to their gate. Newark airport was empty when I arrived at 2 am. LAX airport is to say the very least addicting; there are slot machines at every gate. Bush International airport in Houston...well as they say in Texas "Everything is bigger in Texas". I could go on and on but you've seen one airport you've seen them all. 

Experience has taught me to always buy the window seat. I try to avoid eye contact and conversation if possible, you never know what you will find and I don't intend on waiting to find out. I have heard too many creepy stories regarding meeting people on planes. I usually take a book, magazine or my ipod to entertain myself while I'm not sleeping. 

I realize at this time in our economy it's a luxury to fly somewhere so I suggest buying your tickets early on, don't wait until the last minute if you can help it. Try to look on websites such as Expedia or Orbitz. There are alternatives to flying so decide ....to fly or not to fly?

1 comment:

  1. Concerning buying flight tickets, I been lucky, blessed and thankful not only to my daughter for being employed by the airlines.Trans Air has been very grateful as are others, allowing employees family to travel non revenue.
    Therefore, I arrive very early to the airport, dressed properly and very appreciative towards them.

    ReplyDelete