Monday, September 27, 2010

Unplanned Road Trip Tips

On occasion I get this crazy idea to pack up some stuff and take off. It helps to have roommates who are willing to do the same on such short notice. Life gets hectic and you need a break from it all. Now these tips are in no particular order:

1. Take plenty of snacks (healthy or not) 
2. Go with a few friends, family, or a significant other
3. Choose a place that is relaxing and not too far away
4. Make a cool play list and always have it in your car
5. Take a nice outfit in case you go out with your friends
6. Pick a hotel with a pool and hot tub
7. Don't forget your camera and take pictures the entire time
8. Don't speed (I always manage to get a ticket on these road trips) there's no rush!
9. Stop along the way...rest stops, monuments, any excuse to stretch your legs take it
10. Enjoy yourself, let loose, relax because everything will be the same when you get back so don't worry about those things until you get back home

3 comments:

  1. I cant wait until you get home one of these days and say let go to st george!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, you should see your Parent;s face Light Up when they speak of how PROUD they are of You & your /sister's. Keep up the good work!

    Melissa Longoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I really appreciate your comment. I know that my parents are proud of me but it means so much more to hear other people describe my parent's reactions to my accomplishments. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete