Sunday, September 26, 2010

A World of Magic

I used to live in Florida when I was younger with my parents but because of high costs of living we moved. In some way a part of me has always yearned to go back. So when I got that opportunity this past summer I took advantage of it. I remember visiting Universal Studios on a family vacation about six or seven years ago but it was vague in my memory. Walking through the park I could smell the huge turkey which reminded me of that first visit.  For first-timers I would encourage you try the turkey leg but split it with a few friends or family. The park has some new rides but I was excited to ride all of them and share that experience with my friend Sara since this was her first time in Florida. My favorite ride was the Men in Black. Who can resist black shades, aliens, and a sci-fi looking gun? Plus I got the highest score, those aliens didn't have anything on me! 

A quick tip: Bring a poncho or umbrella. It always rains in Orlando but that doesn't shut the park down in fact its pretty refreshing in the hot weather. Take comfortable shoes because by the end of the day your feet will be worn out. Get on every ride if you have time. Pay the extra 20 bucks for preferred parking you will appreciate this at the end of the day. Make sure you have dinner at the CityWalk when it gets lively with music, lights, and a fun atmosphere. Most importantly just have fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment