Friday, October 1, 2010

The Winner: France

Thank you for voting but the poll has been closed now and most chose France. A romantic, cultural country I am not too surprised. I was hoping with a more exotic result such as India. I know most you might not think exotic and India belong in the same sentence but I beg to differ. But that's another post so I will get back to my original goal: showing you France as I see it. I have never been there but I can still hear my mother's voice smooth and intrigued by this country "I want to eat cheese sitting outside while looking at the Eiffel Tower". Someday I hope to make her wish a reality but for now I will just paint a picture with my words. 

I imagine bright lights but not like the ones you see in Vegas, no I see sparking diamonds lighting up the way as cars drive down the road like a well rehearsed ballet dance. Couples sitting outside delicately sipping tea as they discuss politics and theater. I find myself watching gorgeous women strutting down the sidewalk in stilettos pretending they are on the catwalk. The air is crisp and I can smell winter right around the corner. The warmth of each smile that passes by provides evidence of the tenderness of a stranger. Different colors, sizes, shapes yet they are all the same. Romantic words escape the lips of a man expressing his love for a woman. Although the words are incomprehensible his body language is clear; he is proposing a lifetime of shared memories. Beautiful colors make up this country they can be found at the Louvre, in the pastures of the country hillsides, on plates, and in the chapels. 

You can take my word for it or you can visit France and paint your own picture of this exquisite country.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment